Space heaters that don’t blow fuses can be found by ensuring the wattage of the heater does not exceed the circuit capacity. Additionally, using a space heater with a grounded plug and not using an extension cord can also prevent blowing fuses.
Space heaters are a popular and often cost-effective option for heating a room or small space. However, if not used safely, they can pose a fire hazard and blow fuses. One common issue with space heaters is that they may draw too much power from an electrical circuit and cause the fuse to trip.
This can be avoided by using space heaters with appropriate wattage for the circuit capacity and ensuring that they have grounded plugs. In this article, we will discuss the factors you need to consider when looking for space heaters that won’t blow fuses. We will also provide tips on how to use space heaters safely and keep your home warm and comfortable during the winter months.
Why Space Heaters That Don’T Blow Fuses Are Important
Understanding The Problem Of Fuses Blowing With Space Heaters
Space heaters are popular for warming up small spaces in the colder months. However, one of their biggest problems is that they can cause fuses to blow. When a space heater draws too much power, it may overload the circuit and cause a fuse to blow or a breaker to trip.
This issue can lead to various problems, including the risk of electrical damage or fire, as well as costly repair or replacement.
To help you understand more about the problem of fuses blowing with space heaters, here are some points to consider:
- A fuse is a vital component that acts as a safety device that protects the wiring in your home and prevents electrical fires.
- When a fuse blows due to a space heater, the fuse stops the flow of electricity, which can lead to loss of power in your home.
- Old or faulty wiring is more likely to blow a fuse or trip a breaker with the use of space heaters.
Risk Of Fire And Electrical Damage
As mentioned earlier, one of the most significant risks associated with space heaters that blow fuses is the potential for fire and electrical damage. When a space heater draws too much power, it can cause the wiring to overheat and potentially ignite a fire.
Moreover, electrical damage can cause dangerous safety hazards, such as electric shock, which can be fatal.
Here are a few points to consider when it comes to the risk of fire and electrical damage:
- Every year, fires caused by space heaters result in deaths and injuries, as well as extensive property damage.
- Some space heaters can ignite flammable materials if they get too close to them.
- Fires caused by space heaters are often a result of leaving them unattended, placing them too close to combustible materials, or using space heaters with faulty wiring or electrical connections.
Costly Repairs And Replacements
Another drawback of using space heaters that blow fuses is the costs associated with repairs and replacements. Fuse replacements and repair costs can add up quickly, particularly in older homes where fuses need to be replaced manually. Additionally, if a space heater causes serious electrical damage, you may face significant costs for repair or replacement.
To summarize, here are a few points to consider when it comes to the costs associated with space heaters that blow fuses:
- Repair and replacement costs can vary depending on the extent of the damage.
- If the electrical damage is too severe, it may be necessary to replace entire electrical systems, which is very expensive.
- Replacing fuses frequently is a hassle, and they may be challenging to locate for older homes.
By choosing space heaters that don’t blow fuses, you can avoid these potential hazards, save money, and enjoy a warmer and safer home.
10 Reliable Space Heaters That Don’T Blow Fuses
Winter is here, and if you’re like many people, you need a space heater to keep your indoor environment warm and comfortable. But not all space heaters are created equal, especially when it comes to electrical safety. You don’t want a space heater that will blow your fuses or compromise your electrical system.
Here are ten reliable space heaters that don’t blow fuses, categorized by their heating method.
- An infrared space heater produces heat using electromagnetic radiation, which means it doesn’t rely on air circulation to heat your space. Consequently, it’s an ideal choice for allergy sufferers who don’t want to circulate dust and pet dander throughout their home.
- At the top of the list is the dr infrared heater portable space heater, which utilizes an infrared quartz tube. This heating element surrounds a copper coil for better heat transfer and improved efficiency.
- Another infrared space heater to consider is the lifesmart large room infrared heater with remote. It uses six quartz elements to produce silent radiant heat that quickly and effectively warms up any large room in minutes.
- The duraflame infrared quartz fireplace stove with 3d flame effect, heats up rooms up to 1000 square feet and features an elegant 3d flame effect that creates a cozy and attractive ambiance.
Oil-Filled Radiator Heaters
- Oil-filled radiator space heaters are a great option for people who want a steady and reliable heat source. By heating the oil inside the radiator, these heaters maintain a consistent temperature to keep your room comfortable for hours on end.
- The delonghi oil-filled radiator space heater is the top choice in this category. Its adjustable thermostat and 24-hour timer make it a versatile choice, and it’s inherently safe because its sealed radiator design doesn’t require oxygen to operate.
- Another great option is the pelonis electric oil-filled space heater, which can be used for small to medium-sized rooms. Its unique “chimney” design allows for efficient heating and circulation without blowing fuses.
- Ceramic space heaters work by passing electricity through a ceramic heating element, generating heat and warming the surrounding air.
- The lasko designer series ceramic space heater is an aesthetically pleasing choice that delivers optimal warmth without blowing fuses. Its oscillating feature promotes enhanced heat distribution, and the timer can be set for up to 7 hours.
- Another ceramic space heater option is the honeywell slim ceramic tower heater. It’s designed to heat medium to large-sized rooms, has an adjustable thermostat, and tip-over and overheat protection for added safety.
Choose the space heater that suits your needs, stay warm and cozy this winter, and stay safe with any of these top-rated space heaters.
It’s essential to choose the right space heater that doesn’t blow fuses for safety and convenience. After reviewing these space heaters, we can conclude that there are plenty of options available for you. The lasko 755320 ceramic space heater stands out for its powerful and efficient heating system.
The de’longhi ew7507eb oil-filled radiator is also a great option with its ample heating capability and user-friendly features. The honeywell hhf360v fan-forced heater is especially great for personal use, while the vornado vh200 personal space heater boasts of energy-saving features and a compact design.
Lastly, the holmes portable desktop heater with thermostat is perfect for small spaces. In all, ensure to read the manufacturer’s instructions when using a space heater, and follow the safety precautions to avoid accidents. We hope you found this guide helpful in choosing the best space heater for your needs!